It is a dramatic, heavily wooded, steep sided valley close to St Blazey, through which the River Par flows. The valley retains an industrial and natural heritage of international and national importance and was designated as part of the World Heritage Site in 2006.
- Part disabled access
Luxulyan St Blazey Cornwall PL24 2RZ
Access at all times.
By Rail: Par / 5 miles
The valley’s mining heritage represents principally the physical manifestation of one man’s vision Joseph Treffry (1782-1850) to exploit the valley’s mineral resources. Remains include the Treffry Viaduct, granite mine buildings and the later 20th century concrete structures, leats, tramways, mineshafts, adits and an impressive 30ft waterwheel and pit. Significantly, both copper mining and then the later china clay processing industry are represented side-by-side.
Two small car parks at Black Hill and Ponts Mill. Unmade paths and tramways totalling about 7km.