Museums and Attractions
Search Museums & Attractions
Search our database of heritage museums, steam railways and industrial attractions for great days out across the whole of the UK and Ireland.
The Steam Heritage Guide contains over 900 heritage railways, museums and attractions.
Search Britain's most comprehensive guide to the heritage and preservation scene based on region, county, type of attraction (e.g. heritage railways, museums and steam centres, maritime etc.) or by keyword (such as museum name, a location or even an attraction).
As with the printed version of the Steam Heritage Guide, each attraction listing displays a description, facilities, contact details, open days and times and nearest railway stations and bus routes. In addition, the online listings can contain photos, map location, a full comprehensive description, events at the attraction plus visitor and Steam Heritage reviews and articles.
Browse by type of attraction
Browse by location
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- Autumn Ploughing
- True Diversification – stunning new engine canopies
- Two’s Company – a pair of AEC Mandator
- Pete’s Engine – a half size Burrell
- A Dream Come True – building a new Showman's van
- Little Loco ‘Tom Thumb’ – a very early American railway loco
- Ferguson Frenzy in Herefordshire
- Into The High Peaks
- Weekend with a Wallis
- GDSF – archive special
- Hot in Heddington
- Highland Dreams
- The Shetland Bus
- Commemorating 100 years of the RAF
Pattern Making The full length collectors edition of Fred Dibnah's epic journey around Britain on his traction engine – complete and unedited.
- 200 And Counting - looking back over 200 issues of Vintage Spirit
- Ally Pally 2019
- Getting All Pumped Up – Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- Awakened Aveling – ex-Thursford roller steams after 60 years
- Discovering Scotland’s Rural Heritage
- Across The Forest – steaming through the New Forest