Museums and Attractions
Search Museums & Attractions
Search our database of heritage museums, steam railways and industrial attractions for great days out across the whole of the UK and Ireland.
The Steam Heritage Guide contains over 900 heritage railways, museums and attractions.
Search Britain's most comprehensive guide to the heritage and preservation scene based on region, county, type of attraction (e.g. heritage railways, museums and steam centres, maritime etc.) or by keyword (such as museum name, a location or even an attraction).
As with the printed version of the Steam Heritage Guide, each attraction listing displays a description, facilities, contact details, open days and times and nearest railway stations and bus routes. In addition, the online listings can contain photos, map location, a full comprehensive description, events at the attraction plus visitor and Steam Heritage reviews and articles.
Browse by type of attraction
Browse by location
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- Autumn Ploughing
- True Diversification – stunning new engine canopies
- Two’s Company – a pair of AEC Mandator
- Pete’s Engine – a half size Burrell
- A Dream Come True – building a new Showman's van
- Little Loco ‘Tom Thumb’ – a very early American railway loco
- Ferguson Frenzy in Herefordshire
A fun, full colour, 32 page book with puzzles, rhymes, cartoons, and games to keep you all amused and see how much you know about engines!
- What A Gem – Australian Marshall restored
- Exploring the Avon Valley
- Eastwards To Avalon – the little known Glastonbury Canal in Somerset
- Glorious Gillingham
- Recovery Is His Business
- The Future of Steam Preservation Is In Your Hands
Volume One of Maurice Kelly's definitive work on the development of the American Traction Engine. 148 pages. Softback A4 size. Well illustrated. Only…