Leeds Engine House & Stack 2024

This was part of Great Work Mine of 1538, and by 1854 employed about 300 people. The complex was originally worked by three engine houses and consisted of a whim engine house, a stamps engine house and a 60-inch pumping engine house was on Leeds' shaft. By 1868 the mine produced copper as well as tin, but by 1930 the mine had closed. All that remains is one engine house with a very fine and unusual chimney.


Operator: National Trust

Address: Godolphin House & Estate Godolphin Cross Helston Cornwall TR13 9RE

  • Telephone: 01736 763 194
  • Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
  • Website: View website

Open Days & Times

Daily. Dawn to Dusk. Visit website for more details.


  • By Rail: Camborne / 9 miles


  • Parking
  • Refreshments
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Part disabled access

Register or log in to view location maps

Some more nearby attractions you may be interested in...

Back to top