7 1/4in. gauge railway in the picturesque grounds and gardens of Barnards Farm. Now extends to 1.5km. Runs steam and I/C locos.
- Part disabled access
Barnards Farm Brentwood Road West Horndon Essex CM13 3LX
Sun 30 Jun; 7, 21, 25 Jul; 1, 4, 8, 15, 18, 22, 29 Aug; 1, 15, 29 Sep; 13, 27 Oct; 9-10 Nov. Santa in Dec.
By Rail: Upminster / 6 miles
From the Steam Heritage Shop
It’s not everybody who has a coal mine in their back garden!
The Engineering Workshop The full length collectors edition of Fred Dibnah's epic journey around Britain on his traction engine – complete and…
- A Day Out With The Big Guns
- Restoring the Steam Tug ‘Noordzee’
- The Brooklands’ Great War 100
- Celebrating A Steam Life
- A Magnificent Survivor – Gladstone Pottery Museum
- Manx Electric Railway 125 (Part 1)
- Restoring the Spinners Engine
A lovely book on the history of the Coombe Bissett Steam Plough Works and the shepherd’s huts they made. Also the restoration of the author’s…