Categories: Inland Waterways
Fri 10th - Mon 13th Apr 2020 Easter Boat Gathering
For the last 42 years, the colourful spectacle of the Easter Boat Gathering has marked the unofficial start to the season.
The 43rd event, full of boats, music and more will continue this grand tradition.
Tens of boats will moor up across the museum’s seven-acre site. While boaters catch up on news museum visitors can stroll along the waterside, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a rare chance to get up close to beautiful historic vessels, lovingly restored by dedicated owners.
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- A Day Out With The Big Guns
- Restoring the Steam Tug ‘Noordzee’
- The Brooklands’ Great War 100
- Celebrating A Steam Life
- A Magnificent Survivor – Gladstone Pottery Museum
- Manx Electric Railway 125 (Part 1)
- Restoring the Spinners Engine
Celebrating the 2015 100th anniversary of the start of Sentinel steam waggon production in Shrewsbury.
A guide to the paddle steamers used – and lost – in the First World War.
- 200 And Counting - looking back over 200 issues of Vintage Spirit
- Ally Pally 2019
- Getting All Pumped Up – Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- Awakened Aveling – ex-Thursford roller steams after 60 years
- Discovering Scotland’s Rural Heritage
- Across The Forest – steaming through the New Forest