The original 1920 mill steam engine was the 13th and last mill built in Barnoldswick, and is preserved in operating condition with working cotton weaving looms, and regular steamings.
- Souvenir Shop
- Full disabled access
Bancroft Mill Engine Trust
Gillians Lane Barnoldswick Lancashire BB18 5QR
Static most Sat 1100-1500 (Closed Christmas & New Year). See Diary for Sunday steaming days (1100-1600).
By Bus: 21, 23, 28, 29
By Rail: Colne / 5 miles
Centre piece is a 600hp Wiliam Roberts cross compound engine running on steam supplied by a Cornish boiler, both in their original settings. An original Lancashire boiler is preserved but not steamed. Greens economiser with working engine and many cotton weaving artefacts.
A Smith Brothers and Eastwood 350hp tandem compound engine is under rebuild on site. Tea towels are woven each steaming day, subject to weaver availability.
Museum is open on steaming Sundays, the engines run at intervals between 1pm and 3.45pm.