2019 marks the 90th Anniversary of The Southern Vectis Omnibus Company which was incorporated on 27th August 1929.
We will be celebrating this milestone with our Rydabus running weekend when up to 35 vintage buses and coaches, many with Island heritage, will be operating a network of free bus services around the Ryde area from the Museum’s home at the old bus depot on Park Street. These services will be based on the Southern Vectis Summer 1979 timetable when the company commemorated its Golden Jubilee.
From the Steam Heritage Shop
Part two of a look at Victorian steam-powered pumping stations.
Steam ploughing at its best!
- Aquarius – the water Bearer
- Abbey Hill Rally
- The Great North Heads South
- The Circus on the Fair
- The Law of Unintended Consequences
- Remembering Trevithick
- Medway Queen – Beside the Seaside
- An Amazing Talent – a young artist with a love for old vehicles
- Returning To Steam At Twyford
- Converting a Series 1 Land Rover into a 'train'
- Steam Returns to Astley Green – but only for a weekend
- On The Case – a pair of American tractors
- Sussex Silver Steam