Thu 12th - Sun 15th Sep 2019 Heritage Open Days
As part of the UK-wide Heritage Open Weekend, there’s plenty to see on and around the Railway, including a chance to explore our Train Story Discovery Centre and learn the story of our Victorian and Edwardian railway vehicles, and their lasting impact on all our lives!
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- Frederick’s World Record Run
- Rallying For The Stars
- On The Voie Sacree
- Pottering Around The Peaks
- Tractors Across The Plain
A farmer who uses Shire Horses for work on his farm today.
- What A Gem – Australian Marshall restored
- Exploring the Avon Valley
- Eastwards To Avalon – the little known Glastonbury Canal in Somerset
- Glorious Gillingham
- Recovery Is His Business
- The Future of Steam Preservation Is In Your Hands
Fred Dibnah looks at the work of great engineers of the age – Brunel, Stephenson and Armstrong.