Wales

Page 7 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 5 6 7

Cyfarthfa Iron & Steelworks

Off Swansea Road, Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil, .
Tel: 01685 727 371.

The impressive remains that can still be seen are of the six massive blast furnaces. A large brick arch, which is still standing, was built to bridge the…

View this entry

Corris Railway & Museum

Station Yard, Corris, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 9SH.
Tel: 01654 761 303.

  • Car Park
  • Refreshments
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Full disabled access

Steam passenger trains run on the first reopened section of this historic 2ft 3in. gauge slate and passenger line. The museum houses artefacts, models…

View this entry

Copper Kingdom

The Copper Kingdom Centre, Amlwch Port, Anglesey/Sir Fon, LL68 9HE.
Tel: 01407 830 298.

  • Car Park
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Full disabled access

Award winning heritage centre based in Amlwch Port, and houses a number of interactive displays which help describe the history of copper mining in the…

View this entry

Conwy Valley Railway Museum

The Old Goods Yard, Betws-y-Coed, Conwy, LL24 0AL.
Tel: 01690 710 568.

  • Car Park
  • Refreshments
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Full disabled access

The museum has five model railways which are operated by push buttons. There are lots of railway artefacts and miniature railway engines including a magnificent…

View this entry

Chirk Aqueduct

Off Castle Road, Chirk, Wrexham, LL14 5BS.
Tel: 0000.

21m (70ft) high and 220m (710ft) long aqueduct that carries the Llangollen Canal across the Ceiriog Valley and which marks the border between Wales and…

View this entry

Blaenavon Ironworks

North Street, Blaenavon, Torfaen, NP4 9RN.
Tel: 01495 792 615.

  • Car Park
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Full disabled access

Substantial remains of five early blast furnaces and associated workers' housing, dating from the late 18th century onwards.

View this entry

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum

Cefn Coed Colliery Museum

Neath Road, Creunant, Neath Port Talbot, SA10 8SN.
Tel: 01639 750 556.

  • Car Park
  • Refreshments
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Part disabled access

Preserved anthracite coal pit originally opened in 1926. Original steam winding engine built by Worseley Mesnes of Wigan in 1927 and a recreated mining…

View this entry

Winding House

Cross Street, New Tredegar, Caerphilly, NP24 6EG.
Tel: 01443 822 666.

  • Car Park
  • Refreshments
  • Souvenir Shop
  • Full disabled access

Stationary twin tandem compound steam winding engine built 1891, Elliot Colliery. 'Diablo' type drum.

View this entry

Page 7 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 5 6 7