Flame – The Gasworks Museum of Ireland

Ireland's sole surviving coal gasworks and is one of only three left in the British Isles. Opened in 1855, it supplied Carrickfergus with gas until 1965 and was closed in 1987.

Facilities

  • Parking
  • Gift Shop
  • Disabled Access

Contact & Location

Operator:
Address:44 Irish Quarter West
Carrickfergus
Co. Antrim BT38 8AT
Contacts: 028 9336 9575
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
View website
Open days:May-Aug Sun-Fri; Sep Mon-Fri. 1400-1700. Last tour 1600.

This entry was last updated on 3rd February 2017