Ffestiniog Railway

Built in 1836, this 1ft 11.5in. gauge railway has the distinction of being the oldest independent railway company in the world as well as first using steam power in 1863. It was also famous for introducing the first double Fairlie locomotive. The railway is run from Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog (13.5 miles).

Facilities

  • Parking
  • Gift Shop
  • Refreshments
  • Part Disabled Access

Contact & Location

Operator:Festiniog Railway Company
Address:Harbour Station
Porthmadog
Gwynedd LL49 9NF
Contacts: 01766 516 000
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
View website
Open days:Daily 18-25 Feb. Wed-Thu, Sat-Sun 1-23 Mar. Daily 25 Mar-5 Nov. Santas in Dec.
By Bus:Express 1, 1B. Arriva 3, X323
By Rail: Porthmadog +others / 1.00 mile

This entry was last updated on 3rd February 2017

Search Museums & Attractions

Search our database of heritage museums, steam railways and industrial attractions for great days out across the whole of the UK and Ireland.