Based at Burnley Wharf by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal, the Visitor Centre tells the story of the canal, cotton and the Weavers' Triangle. Oak Mount Mill was built in the 1830 and produced cotton until 1979, making it one of the last steam-powered mills in Burnley. The 1887 W&J Yates steam engine has been restored. It is now operated by an electric motor on certain days.
- Souvenir Shop
- Part disabled access
85 Manchester Road Burnley Lancashire BB11 1JZ
Visitor Centre: Easter-Sep Sat-Tue; Oct Sat-Sun 1400-1600.
By Rail: Burnley Manchester Road / .25 miles
The Visitor Centre is located in the former Wharfmaster's House and Canal Toll Office at Burnley Wharf.