Interactive museum with nautical artefacts & large ships: 1:10 scale 'Titanic', Buckie drifter, RNLI lifeboat & more. Free entry.
- Part disabled access
16 Clachnaharry Road Inverness Highlands IV3 8QH
See website or phone for details.
By Bus: 3, 28
● Marvel at the magnificent Titanic 1:10 scale model which size allows you to go inside and explore the Parisian cafe’, the bridge and the Marconi wireless room.
● Get claustrophobic in the sphere of the replica Nautile submarine, one of the mini submersibles that dives 3 miles down to the 'Titanic'.
Send an SOS on the Marconi wireless and hear the awesome roar of the Titanic’s fog horn.
● Peruse the many images of the 'Titanic' in the main building and view art deco ship posters of the era.
● Step on board and bait some creels on the Guiding Star, a West Coast creel fishing boat which was the last built at Inverness’s Thornbush slipway.
● Find things to see and do in the 10 ton steel wheel house of the Achieve fishing trawler from Fraserburgh’s east coast.
Try on a survival suit – see how quickly you can do it.
● Climb aboard a full-scale replica of the Star of Hope, the first Herring Drifter from Buckie.
● Explore a 45ft Watson class ex RNLI lifeboat that originally saved 58 lives. Dress up and pretend to be a captain, explore inside a life raft and much more!