Steam locos are always used on trains on a scenic three mile return trip along the side of Rudyard lake.
- Part disabled access
Leek & Rudyard Railway Ltd
Rudyard Station Rudyard Road Nr Leek Staffordshire ST13 8PF
Sun Mar. Sat, Sun & BHol 30 Mar-20 Oct. Daily 13-28 Apr, 25 May-2 Jun, 19 Jul-Aug, 26 Oct-3 Nov. Also Fri Jun-12 Jul. Santas in Dec.
By Bus: Baker bus from Leek (weekdays only)
By Rail: Stoke / 15 miles
Narrow gauge railway with six steam locomotives, 13 carriages and eight wagons. On single track line with a passing loop at lakeside and a two train service is often run.
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- Surreal Sixties Journey to the Isle of Man
- Last Day at the Beeches
- Auction Round Up
- Mingling with Mats
- Bath’s Industrial Time Capsule
- Saturday Night, Sunday Morning – nighttime steamings
- Pride of Kintore – old lorries in Aberdeenshire
Celebrating the 2015 100th anniversary of the start of Sentinel steam waggon production in Shrewsbury.
Part one of a two part look at steam-powered Victorian pumping stations.
- A Day Out With The Big Guns
- Restoring the Steam Tug ‘Noordzee’
- The Brooklands’ Great War 100
- Celebrating A Steam Life
- A Magnificent Survivor – Gladstone Pottery Museum
- Manx Electric Railway 125 (Part 1)
- Restoring the Spinners Engine