Ireland’s only preserved Victorian gasworks that opened in 1855, and supplied the town with gas made from coal until 1967. It was subsequently used to distribute gas piped from Belfast until its closure in 1987, and is one of only three preserved gasworks in Britain and Ireland.
- Souvenir Shop
- Full disabled access
44 Irish Quarter West Carrickfergus Co. Antrim BT38 8AT
May-Aug Sun-Fri; Sep Mon-Fri. 1400-1700. Last tour 1600.
By Bus: 168
By Rail: Carrickfergus / 500 yards