Impressive coastal fort containing a variety of museums including one for 201 Squadron RAF (Guernsey's Own). Every day during the season, the Noon-day gun is fired at 12.00.
Castle Emplacement St Peter Port Guernsey GY1 1AU
Daily 22 Mar-3 Nov 1000-1700, Jul-Aug from 0930.
The Castle has guarded the harbour for 800 years. You can explore the battlements and enjoy breath-taking views towards the other islands. Five Museums, four period gardens, the refectory and our shop are all here to discover.
From the Steam Heritage Shop
- 200 And Counting - looking back over 200 issues of Vintage Spirit
- Ally Pally 2019
- Getting All Pumped Up – Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- Awakened Aveling – ex-Thursford roller steams after 60 years
- Discovering Scotland’s Rural Heritage
- Across The Forest – steaming through the New Forest
Uncovers the craft and engineering skills that went into the building of Britain over the centuries. Fred Dibnah reveals the genius, the vision and the…
Barry J Finch is a well known photographer of road and agricultural steam engines and first published ‘Ploughing Engines at Work’ in 1962 as a small…
The work of a Master Thatcher who uses traditional methods to harvest the straw.