The original 1920 mill steam engine preserved in operating condition. Working cotton weaving looms. Steamed regularly.
Centre piece is a 600hp Wiliam Roberts cross compound engine running on steam supplied by a Cornish boiler, both in their original settings. An original Lancashire boiler is preserved but not steamed. Greens economiser with working engine and many cotton weaving artefacts.
A Smith Brothers and Eastwood 350hp tandem compound engine is under rebuild on site. Tea towels are woven each steaming day, subject to weaver availability.
Museum is open on steaming Sundays at 11.00am, the enginer starts at 1.00pm and runs until 4.30pm.
Lancashire BB18 5QR
01943 602 118
|Open days:||Static every Sat 1100-1530 (not Christmas/New Year). See diary or website for steaming days.|
|By Bus:||21/23, 28/29|
|By Rail:||Colne / 5 miles|